When in Rome, do as the Romans do. And, when you’re stuck at home, pretend you’re on vacation. That shouldn’t be too hard, especially if you own a pool or a hot tub.
Let’s face it: Everyone would rather be on vacation at the moment. But you can still bring the vacation to your very own backyard. Looking for some ideas? We thought of a bunch of different ways for you and your family to transform your outdoor space into your own private beach. Take a look!
- Seed and mow your lawn. Frequently. A little bit of effort goes a long way. Keep it short and well-watered for a nice, springy step under your bare toes.
- Does your pool space feel a little too cluttered? Then clean up the storage space. Keep floats and other pool toys organized, and chemicals stored away from all other materials.
- Store your towels on a rack, or in a closet or cubby close to the pool entrance. Remember to keep it covered and dry!
- Add a hammock to sway in the sun or catch some afternoon Z’s.
- Pamper yourself! Turn your hot tub into a spa with some aromatherapy. We have several fragrances in stock. Just drop it in and experience bliss.
- Add some soothing sonic ambiance. Windchimes are great. If you have a water feature, turn it on and listen to the water bubble and babble as you melt into your seat.
- Put a cooler or drink tray on a pool float so you always have a cold beverage ready to go while you lounge away.
- Sleep under the stars for a night. Take the kids out for some backyard camping and enjoy the cool evening air.
Steal Some Shade
- Put up an umbrella, canopy, or triangular sail to your patio space.
- If you have a pergola, add some climbing plants or vines to increase your shade coverage and give it a nice, rustic look. Honeysuckle, grapevines, and wisteria all grow well in the Florida sun.
Light it Up
- String some track lighting or white holiday lights aside your fence or on some tall poles for a modern nighttime vibe.
- Enjoy a good campfire? Install a fire pit on your patio area.
- Add some floating, waterproof lights to your nighttime swim. They often come in multiple colors, too.
- Turn on the pool lights, add some color, and crank up some tunes. It’s that simple!
- Get a healthy grill session going with some roasted veggies, or smoke a savory cut of meat for the whole family. Whatever your dietary decisions, we’ve got you covered! Take a look at our stock of Green Mountain Grills and Big Green Egg BBQs.
- Take your morning coffee or afternoon snack outdoors with patio dining furniture.
- Is your deck looking a little more blah every time you look at it? Perhaps it’s time to re-stain it with a more modern finish.
- Singing in the shower? That’s fun. But singing in an outdoor shower … Now that’s a game-changer.
- Missing the daily gym grind? Install some pull-up bars with some lumber, metal pipe, and some hardware.
- Add a water feature to your pool. OK, so it’s not exactly do-it-yourself material, but pool renovations are our business! If you’re thinking about performing some more serious work to turn your backyard into a paradise, give us a call or send us a message!