All Florida Pool & Spa Center is proud to celebrate May, National Water Safety Month. It is important to stay safe while enjoying the rising temperatures and sunny days. We have a list of tips for all of our customers in order to maintain your pools and hot tubs safe to enjoy during May and all of the Summer months to come.
1. Stay close, alert and always watch your children near the pool.
- Never leave children unattended in pools or spas.
- Watch children whenever they are in a pool or spa.
- Keep children away from pool drains or other openings to prevent entrapment and entangling.
- Keep a phone close while family is in the pool or spa.
- Look for your child in the pool or spa first if they are suspected missing.
- Alert your friends, family and neighbors about your pool safety protocols.
2. Learn and Practice Water Safety
- Learn how to swim and teach your children how to swim.
- Learn CPR and stay current with CPR training for children and adults.
- Learn basic life-saving skills for poolside critical moments.
3. Obtain Appropriate Equipment for Your Pool or Spa
- Install four-foot fences with latching gates.
- Install and use lockable covers on your spa.
- Install pool and gate alarms so you know when your children are using them.
- Ensure your pool and spas have compliant drain covers. If you are not sure what those are, make sure to ask your pool professional.
- Maintain pool and spa covers in working order.
- Consider using surface wave or underwater alarms.
For more information on pool and spa safety, make sure to contact the experts at All Florida Pool & Spa Center. Our team has all of the necessary equipment to make your summer splashes fun and safe this season.